Location: King County Metro Area, Washington, USA
The Clinic Manager contributes to the Calling of Medical Teams International through supervision and management of the day-to-day operations of a mobile healthcare clinic. This position includes clinic and administrative functions as well as short-term and long-term planning functions of running a successful mobile clinic office. The Clinic Manager works with clinic partners and volunteer dental and medical providers on the mobile clinic.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and direct the daily operations of an assigned Mobile Clinic, including patient treatment.
- Maintain quality assurance standards and comply with applicable infection control, HIPAA, WSHA, and OSHA regulations.
- Maintain accurate records for daily clinic operations, appropriate and accurate treatment coding, patient demographic data.
- Maintain and ensure on-board inventory of dental supplies, instruments, infection control and housekeeping.
- Assist in managing operational budgets for the program.
- Provide surge capacity at remote locations when needed.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and perform simple repairs to the Mobile Dental van and on-board dental equipment and supplies.
- Perform daily pre and post drive checks and ensure maintenance schedules as indicated by fleet app
- Working with the Program Manager and Program Coordinator, support the recruitment and scheduling of volunteer dentists, hygienists, and assistants as well as clinic partners to meet program objectives.
- Create an environment where volunteers have a positive and rewarding experience.
- Gather information to ensure clear and current MOUs with each partner agency.
- Assist in negotiating clinic fees from partner agencies to meet budget goals (rural managers).
- Maintain strong working relationships with partner agency staff.
- Develop, coordinate, schedule, and confirm requests for mobile dental clinics (rural managers).
- Maintain a working knowledge of current dental and medical needs of the populations served.
- Create an environment where patients feel respected and are cared for with dignity.
- Represent the Mobile Healthcare program and Medical Teams occasionally in speaking engagements, professional functions, MTI banquets, and media presentations as requested.
- Be a positive representative of Medical Teams at all times.
- Be available for occasional meetings and functions outside of normal working hours.
- In collaboration with your department, work towards the implementation of Medical Teams current strategic plan and the accomplishment of the related strategic and aspirational goals.
- Reviews patient care procedures and evaluates volunteer performance with regular assessments, patient questionnaires, and personal observations.
- Manages use of administrative and clinical resources and orders new supplies as needed, ensuring mobile clinics are cleaned and well stocked.
- Work with the volunteer service providers and clinic partners to find the most effective way of executing the daily duties/operation of the clinic.
- Recommend patients for further work at specialty clinics, labs, or hospitals as needed.
- Maintain complete confidentiality regarding medical records and personal information.
- Attend team meetings.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned.