Perform all related functions regarding collection of charges entered into an electronic posting and/or filing system. Maintain records of insurance company and patient contact, billing, payments on account, and demographic information. Correct all returned or denied claims for resubmission.
- Call Insurance Carriers
- Obtain timely processing of patient claims
- Document contacts with insurance carriers and estimated payment date
- Provide information needed to expedite claim processing *Review system notes; Refer to carrier contracts
- Drop appropriate claims to paper *Attach appropriate documentation (i.e. OP note, invoice, etc.); Review claims to ensure fields are complete & accurate
- Maintain daily record of activities
- Use system reports to manage accounts receivable (AR)
- Prioritize accounts based on high dollar amount and days in AR
- Document write-offs and refund requests
- Maintain batch logs in file by date
- File activity into monthly chart by facility
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.