- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Posses a valid Medical DOT Certificate
- Technical Training or AA Degree preferred.
- HAZWOPER, OSHA, Confined Space Certifications are preferred
Related Experience: One (1) year technical training or certification course; one (1) year of related experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to read and understand work instructions, documents, correspondence and memos.
- Effective communication skills which include verbal and written in English
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to wear a respirator as needed
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions. Should be able to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
License: Possess a valid class “C” driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Will be exposed to dust, fume, smoke, toxic chemicals and disagreeable odors
- Noisy conditions periodically
- Wet or humid conditions (indoors)
- Working on ladders, rooftops, bucket trucks, scaffolding, etc.
- Exposed to vibration (i.e. operating jackhammer, impact wrench)
- Periodically improperly illuminated or awkward and confining work space
- Use of hands, fingers
- Reaching with hands and arms
- Climb and balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Talk and hear
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Astro Pak Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Astro Pak prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability.