We believe in transforming relationships. This includes relationships with our homeless neighbors but also includes relationships with our donors. We have a team that is participating in life transformation in some of the most desperate and forgotten corners of our city. God is doing something significant, right now at the Mission. Do you want to be a part of it?
The primary responsibility of this position is to qualify and generate opportunities for engagement for the larger fundraising team. This includes cultivation, solicition, and stewardship of gifts from new and current mid-level donors and to identify prospects for major gifts and develop them into major donors. Emphasis placed on personal contact with donors through phone calls. The job requires at least 80% of the time spent on high donor contact: cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
About the Organization
For 87 years, Seattles Union Gospel Mission take our calling to love our homeless neighbors very seriously. Our efforts help move people to healthy, thriving lives. We start by learning their names, their stories, and providing first for urgent physical needs, building relationships, and then offering long-term recovery programs. Currently, we have 11,199 homeless neighbors living in the greater Seattle vicinity. More than 1/3 of those who are homeless are struggling with mental illness. 32% of King Countys homeless wrestle with addiction. You can be a part of the solution and join the team.
Essential Job Duties
- Through proactively reaching new prospects, making an average of 25 call per day. Manage the discovery process for the donor relations team by:
- Serving as a qualification specialist and work with Prospect Officer to identify new leads of mid, major, and principle level relationships for the Mission.
- Work with Director of Donor Relations on developing new donor engagement opportunities, moving prospects into a deeper relationship with the Mission and future gifts conversations.
- Manage a mid-level portfolio of 600-700 donors.
- Develop positive and professional relationships with lapsed donors to reactivate them at the major donor level.
- Develop individual development strategies for each donor and prospects in the mid-level portfolio.
- Develop positive and professional relationships with new and current mid-level donors.
- Meet annual revenue goals for your portfolio, as established by the Director of Donor Relations.
- Develop growth maximization and implementation strategies for current donors.
- Develop new prospecting tools and objectives for new donors.
- Implement unique and timely gift-ask opportunities that support and enhance the donors partnership and relationship with the Mission.
- Provide reports to donors regarding the Missions programs.
- Keep complete and accurate records and produce reports on donor strategies and activities, including:
- Early prospect outreach, identification of new prospects, growth in cumulative giving, dollars raised, donors secured, and handoffs conducted.
- Track donor activity in the database.
- Track and report fundraising metrics to Director of Donor Relations.
- Seek to increase the level of mid-level donor giving each year, ensuring proper stewardship and recognition of donors.
- Conduct solicitations on behalf of the Mission through building relationships with donors.
- Represent Mission when called upon to speak to small groups, schools, or clubs. In addition, professionally articulate the Missions vision and values verbally and in writing to prospects and current donors.
- Increase personal knowledge of the fundraising profession.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division, and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Work with Director of Donor Relations on annual acquisition event, Catalyst, by serving as the Catalyst project coordinator.