- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of educations and experience; Masters or JD (non-licensed) preferred; credentialing in HR (S/PHR or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) a plus;
- Must possess solid knowledge of federal, state and city labor laws and regulations and expectation s/he will stay abreast of legal or regulatory changes affecting HR;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources or related area in a fast-paced organization including at least 3 years of experience in employee relations, preferably in a not-for-profit organization;
- Ability to oversee recruitment of high-volume front-line jobs;
- Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team and working across a multi-site structure;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complex data for planning and reporting purposes;
- Practiced in performance management and employee relations; must have exceptional investigation and documentation skills that will meet legal standards;
- Superior skills in MS Office including Excel, Word, and PPT;
- Customer focused with experience and ability to work with staff at a variety of levels and to coordinate multiple stakeholders and projects;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational and time management skills;
- Good self-direction and ability to problem solve and work as a team;
- Commitment to the values and culture of The Fortune Society; and
- A sense of humor.
The Fortune Society encourages individuals to apply who have successfully made the transition from incarceration and/or substance abuse into a stable, productive lifestyle in the community.
Supervises one or more staff members including in-house recruiter; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and engaging employees; addressing employee relations and resolving problems.
Travel Requirements: Will require local travel to our program sites and citywide meetings where appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, citizenship status, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.