The Events team is responsible for the planning and execution of Amnesty’s biggest conferences/events. The Events Assistant will support the Events coordinator in planning and implementing events that range in size and scale. They will be key to the execution of AIUSA’s the Annual General Meeting (AGM) taking place in the Spring of 2022. The events assistant will also support additional events as needed. They will provide logistical and administrative support to ensure that the Virtual AGM are well planned and meet all event goals. They will also support with conference registration, front of the house management, and the logistical needs for program sessions, audio visual & zoom set up for sessions, and collecting session details for the program book & agenda). In addition, the Events Assistant will support the management of team meetings and other administrative tasks as needed (expense management, budget tracking, Etc.). This role requires significant attention to detail, communication, problem-solving, and collaboration skills, along with previous event planning experience.
Areas of Responsibility
• Assist Events Coordinator in creating process & systems for smooth event execution
• Assists in maintaining, timelines and tracking expenses
• Work to ensure the Events team is well-organized and consistently meets deadlines while maximizing available resources.
• Streamlines communication through logistical and administrative support.
• Communicates event goals clearly to stake holders and provides reports on progress.
• Assists on the day of events, including problem-solving, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors.
• Builds and maintains a working relationship with vendors and venues.
• Anticipates and plans for different scenarios.
• Working with relevant staff and volunteer leaders helps to ensure that the events continue to reflect AIUSA’s brand, policies, and priorities