Thompson + Hanson is looking for a chipper, engaging sales associate who is interested in supporting retail operations on a full time or part time basis. Retail experience is welcome but not required.
Essential Tasks or Responsibilities of the Job
- Greet all customers.
- Operate POS system.
- Represent the store in a positive manner.
- Folding, straightening, and restocking fashion and home merchandise.
- Keep store organized.
- Dusting, sweeping, and general cleaning daily.
- Help fitting customers and finding sizes for customers.
- Promoting sales through customer service, suggesting other items that may work.
- Keeping a "customer book” maintaining communication with regular customers. Letting them know when new items have arrived.
- Learn and perform proper Thompson + Hanson gift wrapping.
- Process customer returns and refunds.
- Learn how to process designer approvals, special orders, and wholesale customer transactions.
- Process employee and family discounts.
- Learn plant codes for ringing up plants.
- Stay updated on merchandise outside in garden.
- Help locate products for customers.
Essential Skills to Perform Job:
- Flexibility and ability to work extended hours during holidays.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and to multi-task.
- Physical strength.
- Confident and outgoing personality.
- Team player.
- Strong plant knowledge.
- Excellent customer service.
Physical requirements of the job:
- Bending or twisting the body.
- Keeping or regaining the balance.
- Making repetitive motions.
- Standing ~8 hours.
- Walking and/or running.
- Kneeling, crouching, and squatting.
- Pushing or pulling objects.
- Climbing ladders, scaffolding, and stairs.
- Move/lift objects up to 50 lbs.
Environmental Elements of the job:
- Work indoors, environmentally controlled.