SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Maintain Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED certification from American Red Cross (or other accredited organization), Training provided.
- Swim Test Requirements: Need to be able to hold at least 10 lbs while in the water without flotation.
- Must be able to retrieve a 10 pound weight from the bottom of the deep end (10 ft.) then proceed to tread water with it for 1 minute. Instructor must also be able to swim 200 yards consistently.
- Lifeguards will be required to stand/sit for extended periods of time. While performing functions of this job, the employee will be required to stand, walk, and sit. 20/20 vision is required (with corrective lenses if necessary) to properly perform task and job requirements.
- In the event of emergencies, employees will be required to physically perform tasks in compliance with their certifications and the needs of the emergency set forth
Middlesex YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer