Are you a strategic Purchasing leader? Do you have extensive experience building and leading highly effective teams? Are you passionate about operational excellence, cross-departmental collaboration, and strategy driven by data? Asmodee USA is hiring a Director of Forecasting and Purchasing who wants to make an impact. Please read below to see how to apply!
ANA is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, “CATAN,” “Ticket to Ride,” and “Spot It” among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. ANA believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories.
The Director of Forecasting and Purchasing is responsible for developing a strategy aligned with business needs and market conditions. This individual will establish best practices, drive continuous improvements and lead a team of 8 employees. This role requires someone who can focus on strategy while also rolling up their sleeves to understand the tactical day to day processes.
- Build and lead an effective team; performance management, coaching/training, career development, and retention strategies.
- Act as a player and a coach knowing when to be hands on and when to be strategic.
- Maintain appropriate stock levels that support all business areas by analyzing and responding to relevant internal and external factors.
- Understand seasonal trends and studio release cycles.
- Proactively manage projected stock-out dates and respond accordingly.
- Identify overstock issues quickly and present solutions to key partners.
- Identify potential supply chain and transportation issues and work with internal stakeholders to create solutions.
- Build and manage strong vendor relationships including new and existing partnerships.
- Ensure purchase orders are accurate and on time
- Ensure cohesion and party alignment on product plans
- Negotiate contract terms
- Scout new vendors to build the catalog.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to build accurate forecasts for product releases and replenishment.
- Support studios and production teams by communicating up-to-date, precise forecasts at regular intervals.
- Create and update reporting on key business development metrics; including sales forecasts, analysis, and inventory health, providing relevant analysis as needed.
- Utilize and maintain core ERP system for information storage and cross-departmental support.
- Develop strong cross functional business partner relationships.
- Maintain visibility on assigned studio product lines.
- Perform all other data gathering and analysis as requested by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or equivalent experience.
- At least ten years business, finance, demand planning and/or sales operations experience.
- At least eight years of team management experience.
- Proven experience managing and developing a team of skilled and accountable professionals including training and coaching plans that lead to long-term development.
- At least ten years of appropriately and effectively managing inventory levels with a large sku count and sensitive release dates.
- A history of participation in new business development and vendor onboarding/management.
- Experience with ERP/SAP and WMS implementation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external and internal partners.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in various mediums in front of groups and leaders of the organization.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret various documents and reports.
- Ability to pivot and drive a solutions-focused approach in the face of change or difficulty.
- Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills for forecasting and planning.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; specifically, Excel.
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time; sometimes with little notice
Asmodee is an equal opportunity employer. We strive for and celebrate a diverse team in our effort to carry out our company values.