The School is an independent, coeducational day school dedicated to providing an excellent instructional program for children with language-based learning disabilities. The multisensory curriculum is designed for students of average to superior intelligence who can benefit from the unique educational experience provided. Through direct instruction in small class settings, a trained staff assists students to improve their language skills. Academic success, combined with opportunities for social and emotional growth, enables students to understand their learning styles, build confidence, and develop self-advocacy skills. Windward is committed to helping students achieve their full potential in preparation for a successful return to the mainstream educational environment. To meet these goals, the School provides ongoing training to its faculty based on the most current research and also shares its expertise with the parent body, other educators, and the broader community.
A world where every child with a language-based learning disability is empowered to achieve unlimited success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing routine maintenance in school buildings such as fixing structural damage, windows, doors or wall repair.
- Repairing broken or leaky plumbing to avoid water damage and restore full use of water fixtures
- Work on damaged electrical wiring when a shortage or wiring issue occurs.
- Maintaining the building HVAC equipment in order to keep climate control in the facility functioning properly
- Assisting with preventantive measures to the building to reduce the risk of future problems.
- Painting rooms within in building when old paint has become faded or chipped.
- Repairing any potential safety hazards to avoid injuries.
- Sanitizing and wiping down of various surfaces (e.g. door handles, railings, etc)