Under the direction of Dental Director, Dental Assistant will be responsible for providing both clinical and administrative support in a clinical unit(s) and/or affiliated practices, working alongside dentists, dental hygienists, and dental technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes and prepares trays, set up and lays out instruments for dental procedures.
- Preps patients and handles instruments and other materials to be used during dental procedures.
- Obtains vital signs and monitors patients for complications.
- Questions patients about their medical history and recording the information for
- Obtains patients’ dental history and records.
- Ensures health history is updated and scanned in to eCW system.
- Exposes and processes digital radiography or traditional x-rays.
- Practices radiation safety at all times when using dental radiographs operators.
- Takes impressions of patients’ teeth for casts.
- Uses suction and swabs to keep patients’ mouths clear and dry during procedures.
- Applies topical anesthetic to patients’ mouths.
- Removes stitches.
- Makes temporary crowns.
- Advising patients on dental care.
- Making patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Cleans up following procedure, disposes of all waste in an appropriate fashion, and disinfects area after each patient and sets up for next patient in accordance with established procedures.
- Sterilizes dental instruments and equipments
- Maintains an inventory of dental instruments, equipment, and supplies in the dental operatory.
- Organizes supplies and equipment to minimize loss and maximize utilization.
- Reports equipment malfunctions to direct supervisor and follows up with repair technicians as needed.
- Schedules appointments, maintains records, sends bills, answers phones, and other office duties.
- Performs regular audits to ensure that no expired materials exist in the patient care areas.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory agencies rules and regulations.
- Provides patient education and treatment planning information as directed.
- Assesses emergency situations and provides necessary and proper response when appropriate in accordance with emergency protocols.
- Promotes positive working relationships with community agencies and with other departments.
- Establish and maintain courteous, cooperative relationships with staff, volunteers and the public, portraying the mission of T.H.E.
- Promotes delivery of quality patient care.
- And all other duties as assigned.