Imagine a career where your skills and creativity can redefine math education around the world. MIND Research Institute is dedicated to research on learning and the brain and the application of this research to the development of effective math education programs. MIND's uniquely visual math education process engages the learner's spatial-temporal reasoning abilities to explain, understand, and solve multi-step problems.
As a Database Developer, you will work with the engineering team, business partners, and data team as well as IT practitioners to analyze data questions. Working alongside our engineering and IT team members, you will work closely with multiple teams to support data quality, reporting, ETL, data usage, and data analysis.
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
- Can you solve almost any data problem?
- Do you enjoy finding patterns in information and taking action based on the results?
- Would you consider yourself a self starter with excellent time management, organization, and ability to work under pressure?
- Are you passionate about different technologies and teaching math with the products you design?
- Do you pride yourself in being able to foster an atmosphere of autonomy and trust where candid feedback is welcomed in the quest for continuous improvement?
- Does your work reflect your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion?
Did you answer, Yes! or even, Absolutely! to all of the above? Great! Lets get down to specifics.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Monitor data quality and remove/correct corrupt data in relational databases and other datasets
- Summarize common data quality issues and propose solutions
- Read, interpret and abstract large amounts of data from MySQL databases and other datasets
- Write SQL to extract, modify or analyze data
- Analyze data for the betterment of our product
- Prepare data and present results to the team
- Contribute to shared schema and process documentation