In partnership with the University of Bridgeport, Goodwin University is seeking candidates for the position of Full-Time Faculty- Biology. Full-time faculty members at the University of Bridgeport are responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in their particular disciplines. Faculty advise students; develop and maintain curriculum; stay current in their disciplines; stay current with pedagogy and teaching methodology; participate in on and off-campus staff development activities; fulfill administrative responsibilities relevant to their positions; and participate in college and community service. This position is located in Bridgeport, CT.
Duties to be performed:
At a minimum, the essential functions of the instructor are to:
- Use the approved course syllabus format when creating course syllabi
- Teach all classes according to an approved course syllabus
- Ensure that each course contains essential curricular components, has appropriate content and pedagogy, and maintains currency
- Ensure that assigned classes are held as scheduled and maintain excellent attendance and punctuality
- Assess student academic achievement and demonstrate modification of teaching techniques in accordance with assessment feedback and universal design of courses
- Submit reports in an accurate and timely manner including attendance, grades, and other related documentation
- Attend department meetings and participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of program goals and curriculum review based on student learning outcomes
- Initiate discussions and make recommendations concerning the improvement of teaching, curriculum, and processes related to improving student outcomes
- Attend professional development activities to remain informed of current trends and new approaches to instruction
- Engage in research and scholarly activities within your discipline and engage students in your research.
- Serve on and provide information to college committees as needed and requested
- Demonstrate professional attitude, philosophy, compassion, and commitment that promotes student growth and learning
- Commitment to the University mission, vision and values
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Minimum Master's Degree, Doctorate preferred
- Expertise in Organismal Biology or Marine Biology, Genetics, and/or Bioinformatics is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated skills teaching in traditional University classroom and on-line environments
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and interpret student learning outcome data to improve teaching and learning
- Demonstrated ability in word programs and Internet applications
- Demonstrated ability to research material both on-line and in traditional library settings
- Demonstrated dedication to excellence in teaching and a commitment to high academic and professional standards
- Demonstrated track record of positive teaching outcomes
- Ability to work collegially in a team environment
- Ability to exercise individual initiative, independent action, and sound judgment
- Candidates with a track record of peer-reviewed publications and/or externally funded research will be given preference.
(This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee. It is used as a guide for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)