- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in event planning, fundraising and/or corporate relations. Jewish communal service or nonprofit experience is a plus.
- Proven success building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of principles of development and philanthropy.
- Demonstrate personal qualities and skills to act as a dynamic motivator, visionary, team player and role model to volunteers and staff.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Knowledge of Jewish values, ethics, holidays, Israel and Global Jewry.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks; strong organizational skills with ability to create and manage projects, program budgets and timelines.
- Personable, enthusiastic, self-motivated professional; comfortable in a fast-paced working environment, including occasional nights and weekends.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment, and effectively interact with all levels of management, community leaders, donors and volunteers.
- Familiarity with CRMs and Google Workspace.
The salary range is $63,000-$75,000 per year. This is a full-time exempt position with benefits, medical (subject to co-pay), life and disability; eligible to participate in organizations 403(b) with % match, optional dental, vision, paid observed holidays and discounts consistent with organizations employee policies.
This position is contingent upon the return of a *clear LiveScan Background Check, verified positive employment reference, and submission of proof of up-to-date Covid-19 vaccination including booster dose(s) if eligible (subject to qualified legal exemption with weekly testing requirement).
Working Conditions/Physical requirements:
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Fitness Center/Community Center environment
- Ability to sit for long periods
- Ability to stand, sit, lift, bend, twist
- Ability to work on computer for an extended period of time
- Office Environment
- Work in the vicinity of children and older adults
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between JSV and its employees