If you are a high-energy, self starter with the ability to communicate with passion, take this opportunity to learn more about how you can put that passion to work for the amazing Bluestem PACE program. You will experience an opportunity to positively impact seniors as they learn what it means to Live Well at home.
Bluestem PACE is an innovative program designed to provide and integrate all acute, primary, preventive and supportive health services to high-risk individuals living in the community. Our goal is to keep our members living safely in their homes for as long as possible. We provide services in the community and at our PACE center which is open 8 AM to 5 PM Monday – Friday. To learn more about Bluestem PACE, check out bluestempace.org !
The primary purpose of this position is to drive referrals and enrollment to promote healthy growth of the program. And to enhance market awareness of the Bluestem PACE program to potential referral sources and to generate referrals of potential participants within the site area. They are also responsible for educating referral sources regarding the full spectrum of PACE services. This includes meeting with physicians, hospital discharge planners, leaders in the various post-acute facilities and other potential referral sources in the service area.
Additionally, this position assists with community education through participation in community events and speaking engagements. The Marketing Director helps develop and implement strategies to achieve enrollment goals and develop and sustain referral relationships.
The Intake Coordinator will work with the Interdisciplinary Team the transition from referral to evaluation status to make this a seamless and personal process for the participant.
Essential Job Functions:
• Coordinates intake and assessment process for Bluestem PACE center; accepts initial referrals, inquiries, and arranges for initial interview to assess prospective participants; determines eligibility, contacts family and health care providers as needed.
• Assess potential participants in home, N.H., hospital or other settings as part of the intake process.
• Presents intake and assessment information to Bluestem PACE review committee when needed to ensure that appropriate program candidates are assessed by the multidisciplinary team.
• Assists the potential participant and/or family to obtain necessary financial obligation through Medicaid and Medicare.
• Maintains current, written assessment and intake records inclusive of potential participants expressed wishes and the current services provided, as appropriate.
• Provides information and referral as appropriate to all inquiries.
• Provides referrals and enrollment data to the marketing department.
• Adjust schedules as needed to meet the needs of the Bluestem PACE participants.
• Shares responsibility with other team members for implementation of Bluestem PACE Center philosophy and achievement of program goals.
• Advocate for participant/family members who may be unable to act on their own behalf to protect themselves or their rights. Assists in advising of legal mechanisms of protection such as guardianships, protective services when appropriate.
• Collects and maintains necessary data in order to generate reports as required by the PACE model and Bluestem PACE.
• Evaluates the intake and assessment process, identifies problem areas and makes changes accordingly.
• Requires physical strength to perform essential functions of the job.
• Routinely follows up with program candidates following non- acceptance to Bluestem PACE by multidisciplinary team to determine if candidate’s functional level changes.
• Related duties as may be assigned.
• Attend and participates in staff meetings, in-services, projects and committees as assigned.
• Adhere to and supports the facilities’ policies, practices and procedures.
• Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner and perform all other related duties as assigned by Marketing Director.
• Must be flexible in schedule of hours worked.
• Performs other duties as assigned.