The successful candidate will be responsible for creating engineering drawings from field sketches and drawing templates using AutoCAD. Work must adhere to Centerline’s established specifications and standards. Candidate will be required to participate in field work, including but not limited to, measuring and providing accurate sketches and notes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Routinely produce engineering drawings quickly, efficiently and accurately.
- Prepare lease exhibits, zoning drawings, construction drawings and red lines from site sketches and related data.
- Review and red line junior staff drawings.
- Read and understand mapping reports and other field reports.
- Track assigned tasks and be aware of project priorities.
- Learn, understand and adhere to Centerline’s standards and templates.
- Read and understand site plans and construction drawings.
- Understand municipal permitting and zoning requirements.
- Understand construction methods and best practices.
- Perform field work as required to support local projects
- Keep track of time on multiple projects/training/meetings/etc.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS and Microsoft Office products.
- Complete company required training/policy reviews in a timely manner
Required Education and Qualification
- CAD Certificate, Basic Knowledge of CAD and Civil 3D.
- Engineering/Architectural Technology degree a plus.
- 2 to 5 years of experience with the production of civil engineering drawings.
- Experience with the production of telecommunications engineering drawings.
- Telecommunications experience required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Hourly Position/Non-Manager/Non-Exempt
- Hours: 8:30-5:00
- Some OT may be required
- Some occasional travel to project sites may be required. Travel is primarily in the local market during the business day, although some projects may require overnight travel.