The Field Service Representative (FSR), shall be fully responsible for simulator and visual system maintenance. In addition, FSR shall provide technical support Egypt Air maintenance personnel. FSR will be a member of the simulator team and will assist in installations and qualifications of devices as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues with the training devices,
- Perform applicable on-equipment inspections, preventative maintenance, replacement of parts, disassembly/reassembly, calibration, testing, and operational checks to correct training device malfunctions and verify proper serviceable condition of any component, system, or subsystem of the training device and training aids
- Document maintenance support on equipment and components, including tests, alignments and adjustments.
- Provide maintenance assistance using on-site, on-call, and/or telephone assistance-type services.
- Determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications,
- Recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution,
- Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications,
- Conducts technical briefings with customers, vendors and company representatives,
- Readies training devices for customer use and assists with preparations,
- Acts as local on-site representative to customer's organization
- Attending briefings as required to aid in the rapid identification of emerging issues that would require intervention to avoid device downtime.
- Fully and completely document all unusual operational/maintenance problems to support identifying emerging failure trends.
- Identify unique operational problems that require technical, procedural or quality assurance actions to resolve.
- Candidates must be able to work with and communicate well both orally and written in a team environment as this position involves interface with customer personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and have the ability to establish and maintain a library of technical documentation.
- Manage and track multiple engineering and logistic support activities, providing periodic status to the customer and program management team.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Education and/or Experience
Three to five years of experience as a FSR, flight simulator technician, aircraft electrician, aircraft avionics, or equivalent is desired, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex non-routine problems. Experience should include component level test and repair of microprocessor-controlled equipment and working knowledge of common simulator administration and software languages.
- Previous Field Service FSE/REP experience
- Prior simulator maintenance experience working on an Airbus A320 simulation device.
- Prior experience working in the Middle East.
- Proficient in the use of computer-hosted interactive technical manuals, maintenance forms, and other device related documentation.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite to prepare various reports, charts, and other related documents.
As assigned by Program Management
Compliance with all company Information Systems security policies and procedures. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval.
Candidate must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have strong mechanical/electrical background in flight simulator support.
- Must have good knowledge of computer networks.
- Must be highly proficient in the use and operation of test equipment to perform pre- and post-operational test on installed equipment and to perform preventive maintenance using preventative maintenance cards and instruction books.
- Must possess advanced skills necessary to diagnose and isolate malfunctions in electronic systems; align, adjust and calibrate installed training devices; interpret mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronic schematics and prepare simplified versions.
- Must possess advanced skills to perform calibrations, adjustments and tests on electronic equipment; analyze operation, verify discrepancies, isolate malfunctions and replace defective components used in installed devices
- Must possess and maintain advanced proficiency in the use of diagnostic programs, interpretation of results, and the use of program listings to isolate faults and be adept in the use of test equipment, repair of micro/miniature printed circuit boards, electro/mechanical systems and electronic control loading systems and computer generated sound systems.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of diagnostic programs, interpretation of results and use of program listings to isolate faults.
- Must be able to perform routine preventive maintenance using maintenance and perform daily system readiness test, pre-operational and post-operational checkouts.
- Must exhibit high performance and capability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to effectively deliver oral presentations to management and customers
- Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as required.
- Must be a US Citizen
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex word and technical documents/diagrams. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret English language professional journals, technical procedures, government specifications or industry standards. Will be required to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers. Must be able to generate effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex subjects.
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts, prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs. Ability to produce, understand, and interpret mathematical equations and algorithms associated with simulation modeling and design.
Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. An ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is desirable. Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics and drawings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift and/or move at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or airplane cockpit.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top or under the training device.
- Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the functioning of simulators and its surrounding environment.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to travel domestic and international as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will work in a typical training device shop floor environment.
- Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock.
- Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme heat, airborne particles, and loud noises.