This position is open to candidates located in Tigard, OR, Seattle, WA, and SF Bay Area, CA.
This position contributes to the calling of the organization by planning for, initiating, developing, and sustaining relationships with corporate and foundation donors, as well as connecting with individual donors, with the goal of fostering a greater partnership with and support for Medical Teams International. Engaging the Marketing and Development Team to carry out the calling, vision, values, and strategies of Medical Teams International.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the strategic growth plan for both Corporate and Foundation Income.
- Develop new strategies for expanding partnerships with businesses.
- Responsible for creating and implementing a foundation growth strategy.
- Build long term relationships through personal interaction with corporate, foundation, and individual donors; prioritizing face-to-face interaction to discover, cultivate, invite, and steward these donors as strategic partners.
- Plan and implement prospecting, account management, and stewardship strategies for Medical Teams corporate philanthropy and private foundation initiatives.
- Identify and develop relationships with key strategic corporate foundations and individual prospects, particularly those with capacity to give a multi-year gift over $100,000.
- Ensure assigned corporate, foundation, and individual donors are cultivated toward their full giving potential and recognized appropriately.
- Solicit gifts from assigned corporate, foundation, and major donors to meet department goals.
- Assist in the ongoing development of best practices in engaging with corporate, foundation, and individual major donors, and communicating those best practices with fundraising team.
- Consistently achieve established annual targets.
- Develop opportunities for corporate, foundation, and individual donors to become committed to and inspired by Medical Teams International; including volunteer opportunities, vision or impact trips, exhibit tours, and connecting with Programs staff.
- Prepare donors and guests for overseas travel, and confirm they are prepared to handle diverse emergency situations and circumstances that may occur while traveling
- Maintain current, accessible information on assigned donors and track donor activity via the database (Microsoft Dynamics CRM); support donor servicing needs.
- Write compelling notes or letters of thanks, solicitation, and donor reports as required.
- Present the work of Medical Teams International to various public audiences through speaking engagements and exhibit tours.
- Play a leading role in overall organizational strategy through membership on the Senior Leadership Team.
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments engaged in corporate efforts, such as gift-in-kind, service-in-kind, employee giving, and volunteering.
- Engage and coach specific staff and leaders in working with corporate and foundation donors.
- Collaborate with the Director of Advancement and individual Philanthropy Specialists who are assigned to corporate and foundation donors.
- Support grant writing needs across the Marketing and Development team, with a strong focus on corporate and foundation donors.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Effectively manage a small team to ensure excellence, quality, content, and timeliness.
- Recruit, supervise, develop, and evaluate development staff.
- Model the highest levels of professionalism and excellence for the philanthropy team.
- Meet regularly with direct reports.
- Manage timesheets.
- Conduct annual Performance Reviews.
- Ensure accountability is integrated into country strategies, program design, monitoring and evaluations, recruitment, staff onboarding, trainings and performance management, partnership agreements, and highlighted in reporting.
- Mentor other development staff as requested.
- Assist with other development as needed.
- Attend local and regional meetings for personal professional growth, team collaboration, and relational one-to-one engagement/cultivation of donors.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities, and changes.
- Other duties as assigned.