- Current Texas nursing credentials
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified upon hire or within 90 days of hire.
- Good communication skills, ability to work with co-workers and establish rapport with clients.
- Skill to coordinate work and collaborate with other AR departments, agencies, organizations, individuals and the public.
Education and Experience:
- At least one-year previous experience working in the field of substance use treatment or behavioral health related services preferred.
- Knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to individuals with substance abuse and mental health disorders.
- Experience in providing medical care to diverse client populations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Communicates orally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to face, one-to-one, and group settings.
- Regularly uses a telephone for communication.
- Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, printers and scanners.
- Sits for extended time periods
- Director of Residential Programs
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, mental or physical disability, citizenship, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law. Austin Recovery works affirmatively to build a staff and board that includes people of many different races, classes, religions, genders, physical and mental abilities, ages and sexual orientations, including people who have been previously incarcerated.*
*Due to our work with children, there are some convictions such as sex offenses, that would prevent employment being offered to those applying.