The Tissue Recovery Coordinator, Per Diem, is responsible for all aspects of aseptic recovery of musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and vascular tissue.
- Aseptically recovers musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and vascular tissues from deceased donors in accordance with current Good Tissue Practices (GTP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), quality control practices, clean room protocols, FDA regulations and American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) standards.
- Independently and efficiently recovers primary tissues and cardiovascular grafts with few errors.
- Able to independently pack supplies for cases utilizing knowledge of processor criteria and age ranges.
- Ability to perform physical assessment, blood draw and preparation of donor for recovery
- Utilizes sterile technique to efficiently run back table, including packaging, labeling, culturing grafts and draping for recovery.
- Able to accurately input case data into iTransplant.
- As applicable, ableto lead a team on a case, including proficient in all paperwork, case coordination and (as necessary) ability to train others in recovery.
- Works effectively with hospital OR staff to maintain good hospital relations and a cooperative work environment.
- Provides timely documentation that revised or new SOPs have been read and understood, reviews all relevant SOPs annually, and participates in required annual training and competency testing.
- Follows SOPs as written, except when authorized in writing to do otherwise.
- Participates in continuing education or other training opportunities (on-site or remotely) as determined by the Director, Tissue Donation Services.
Other Responsibilities: The Tissue Recovery Coordinator will follow other instructions/directions and will perform other related duties as required by the needs of the company and the management team. They will also ensure that they:
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, and LifeCenter policies and procedures.
- Participate in compliance, quality assurance, and performance improvement programs and initiatives.
- Complete and submit accurate timesheets in a timely manner to reflect time off, pay units earned, as applicable during the period.
- Complete and submit a timely reconciliation of business expenses charged on his/her corporate VISA card, if applicable, and follow up on any issues in a timely manner.
Values: The employee in this position must uphold the core values of LifeCenter; these include:
- Respect: We treat others with compassion, support, and appreciation.
- Integrity: Honesty, transparency, and reliability are paramount in all we do.
- Collaboration: We strive to work in partnership with others, internally and externally, and to find common ground and shared goals to build upon together.
- Service: We honor our obligation to be good stewards of the gift of life and our commitment to serve others as we carry out our mission.
- Courageous Leadership: We stand up for what is right and our decisions and actions always support our mission.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Bachelors Degree in health sciences is preferred.
- Training as a Surgical Technologist is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous training in tissue recovery or similar clinical experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of anatomy and aseptic technique necessary.
- Surgical experience preferred.