**To be considered for the position you must complete our application process directly through our website at www.wnpa.org/jobs. Please do not apply through a third-party recruiting website (Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.).**
The Warehouse Assistant works under the direction of the Warehouse & Ecommerce Manager to ensure the operational efficiency of all area functions, including but not limited to ecommerce fulfillment, wholesale sales, and merchandise distribution to WNPA’s 71 NPS partners through accurate use of Point of Sale (POS) software, proprietary shipping software, and ecommerce store back end. The Warehouse Assistant will be responsible for accurate inventory management for each of the business functions named above and shall perform these operations in accordance with WNPA policy, practice, and professional operational procedures.
This role is responsible for completing the following tasks and any related tasks as assigned:
- Ecommerce order fulfillment to include picking, packing, shipping and appropriate accounting for all transactions and shipments.
- Wholesale fulfillment to include picking, packing, shipping and appropriate accounting for all transactions and shipments.
- Distribution fulfillment to include picking, packing, shipping and accurate inventory management of all distributed merchandise.
- Receiving for all business areas.
- Efficiently handle all area bills/invoices and receiving records.
- Keep department fiscal and inventory records accurate through basic data entry of related information.
- Safeguard all merchandise, cash and WNPA-controlled property in accordance with approved WNPA security standards.
- Take physical inventory, to include periodic cycle counts, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of reports.
- Assist with special events, including set-ups and loading/unloading of truck with merchandise and supplies; works with teams and patrons.
- Operate pallet-jack and power stacker to move and store stock.
- Ensure the warehouse workspace is free of debris and potential safety hazards.
- Assist in the upkeep and appearance of the staff lounge areas; may empty recycle bins, fill, run and empty dishwasher, maintain the cleanliness of refrigerator, etc.
- Complies with all guidelines and WNPA policy governing the safeguarding of all stock, cash and WNPA-controlled property.
- Complies with all established WNPA safety protocols.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
This role must possess knowledge of, skill in, and/or ability in the following:
- Working alone and with a team.
- Strong verbal and analytical skills.
- Performing basic mathematical skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Problem-solving associated with routine computer operation, order fulfillment, inventory management, and other associated tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills to work with supervisor, customers, National Park Service employees, and other home office staff in a harmonious, pleasant, acceptable manner.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Speed and accuracy of order picks for each business area.
- Packing efficiency, including following packaging criteria for each business area.
- Inventory management efficiency and accuracy.
- Computer programs including Internet, databases, and Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint).
- Equipment including computers, printers, calculators, multiline touch tone phones, filing cabinets, photocopiers, and dollies.
This role must be able to meet the following physical demands with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Primarily perform work indoors, where temperature is moderate and controlled by environmental systems. Although the warehouse environment is climate-controlled, temperatures in the winter and summer require a high tolerance for temperature extremes. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may become loud when certain machinery is in operation. Occasional work may be performed outside under natural conditions, such as unloading large freight shipments. Environment will vary when outside work or travel is required.
- Stand and walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Make repetitive motions, especially of the hands and wrist (grasp, pinch, type, write) and legs and back (stand, sit, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch).
- Regularly required to climb and balance (retrieve product from storage area).
- Communicate effectively (talk, listen and hear, see both near and far with accurate depth and color perception).
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally push and/or pull up to 100 pounds a distance of about 50 feet.
Travel may be required for attendance at community events and for tasks associated with the preparation for such events.