REAL Journey Academies (RJA) is a non-profit charter school management organization designed to significantly increase college entrance and graduation rates for underserved students in the Inland Empire. We aim to impact and revitalize communities through the development of education and other supportive partnerships.
Under the direction of the site administrator, to function on call as needed as a substitute, on short term or long term day-to-day assignments at the Elementary, Middle School, and High School.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for continuous supervision of students in the classroom
• Follow lesson plans effectively
• Responsible for student academic growth and development in meeting student academic
needs by providing appropriate and approved instruction.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to various family and cultural patterns in planning and monitoring
• Work cooperatively and collaborative with administration, support personnel, site level staff,
and parents to provide effective learning activities for students.
• Supervise pupils in out-of-classroom activities during assigned work-time, and accept
responsibility for maintaining behavior standards school-wide.
• Maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a desirable safe learning
environment in and out of the classroom.
• Provide a classroom climate and learning experience that supports the emotional,
physical, social, and mental development of the student.
• Follow all district handbook guidelines and site level regulations/procedures
• Act as a roving substitute to cover classrooms as assigned or directed
• May be asked to cover one-quarter, half-day or three-quarter day assignments, as
• Other instructional duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Traits:
- Plan, prepare, follow, and present lessons effectively
- Maintain a climate conducive to student learning
- Maintain classroom discipline and apply classroom management strategies
- Develop and maintain open channels of communication between students and staff
- Keep records that meet the needs of the students and teachers
- Adhere to school and District policies and guidelines
Additionally, experience in the following areas is helpful:
- Prior teaching experience preferred
- Possess familiarity with the subject(s) being taught
- Bachelor’s Degree and CBEST required. Must possess a valid California teaching credential
- 30-day Substitute Teaching Permit. CLAD or BCLAD certification desired.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Occasional or frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, stooping and reaching for extended periods of time
- Occasional computer work including but not limited to typing
Compensation & Benefits:
- This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated educator to assume a fundamental role in an innovative school environment.
- REAL Journey Academies offers its employees a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. We pride ourselves in offering a competitive benefits package that covers full benefits (medical, dental, vision, and life) as well as voluntary benefits, paid time off, and a 403b Savings Plan