Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Support Services Coordinator to join the Emergency Shelters team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Support Services Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and overseeing the cleaning of the Men’s Shelter facility, to include the oversight of laundry facilities, trash, clothing room, pest control and ordering of supplies.
Our Emergency Shelters team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday - Friday from 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM, including occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for organization and maintaining inventory of cleaning/maintenance supplies, clothing, search & rescue supplies, and blankets.
- General cleaning duties, which includes cleaning and stocking common areas and bathrooms and cleaning as well as program resident living areas.
- Supervise program residents as they perform chores and volunteers as needed.
- Contribute to the overall safety and maintenance of the building by filling out necessary maintenance request forms and reports.
- Perform inspections, cleaning, and re-stocking of supplies in guest residences and restrooms.
- Due to the sensitive nature of these essential job duties we are only able to consider males for this position.
6. Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships which will serve as a leadership example for recovery program men.
7. Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
8. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Mission’s Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and be able to meet the standards of the Mission driver criteria required, including but not limited to:
- Clean driving record
- No current suspensions or revocations
- At least 21 years of age
- Positive, professional, and flexible attitude required.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment required.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow-through required.
- Basic cleaning and sanitizing skills required.
- Microsoft Word and Outlook proficiency required.