All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or meet the requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to beginning work.
We're seeking an Accounting Manager to join our Accounting and Finance team. As our Accounting Manager, you will oversee the daily management of accounting staff and full-cycle accounting activities, support our monthly close and reconciliation review processes, maintain internal controls and participate with financial audits.
Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
If you're a licensed CPA looking to make an impact at a large, non-profit agency and help better our community, we encourage you to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
- monthly, quarterly and annual accounting processes
- accounts payable/receivable
- cash receipts and payments
- revenue accounting
- general ledger
- revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- capital assets
- check runs
- fixed asset activity
- debt activity
- Support the monthly close process to ensure all activities and journal entries are completed in a timely manner in accordance with a predetermined close calendar.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data.
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports and statements.
- Review account reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Develop, implement and maintain a system of internal controls to ensure financial reporting is in compliance with policies and US GAAP.
- Coordinate and complete annual financial audits including preparation of audit records, participation in audit interviews and implementation of corrective action in response to audit recommendations.
- Supervise accountants and administrative staff.
- Provide and implement recommendations to improve systems and procedures.
- Maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions.
- Ensure policies manuals and desk procedures are reviewed and updated on an annual basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term disability
- Paid internal training and career development
- 7 paid holidays and generous time off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial counselling
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)