Fort Worth Country Day is a coed, junior kindergarten through grade 12 college-preparatory day school with nearly 1,100 students and 250 faculty and staff. The School earned the distinction of being ranked one of the Best Companies to Work for in Fort Worth in 2018.
We are seeking a certified and experienced HVAC Technician to work alongside the dedicated professionals within our Plant Operations department. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this highly qualified HVAC professional will track and process maintenance requests for the School’s HVAC and refrigeration equipment.
This is a full time, non-exempt, year-round, hourly paid position. Anticipated work hours are 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The School offers 20 days of paid time off each calendar year, approximately 15 holidays, medical, dental, vision, retirement, disability, life insurance, flexible spending, Aflac plans, a legal plan and an identity theft plan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Repair/perform preventative maintenance on all HVAC equipment in a skilled and safe manner
- Complete routine conditioning and servicing of installed air refrigeration systems and components including: compressors, condensers, valves, coils, heat pumps, motors, belts, bearings, fans, filters, piping, wiring, control systems thermostats, ducting, heat exchangers, pumps, actuators, etc.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctioning systems and components
- Perform replacement of major and minor parts, components or entire systems
- Assist the maintenance department with other maintenance-related tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor
The ideal candidate will also:
- Handle multiple tasks and work effectively with frequent interruptions
- Read written instructions; understand verbal instructions
- Interpret procedures and analyze data for decision-making
- Maintain a professional appearance, attitude and demeanor when interacting with fellow employees, parents or students
- Be flexible to work on-call to address emergencies that occur during non-business hours
- Be a team player; work well with others in the department and within the School
- Represent the School in a favorable manner
- Have excellent communication skills
- Must be HVAC certified with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- General mechanical experience; commercial experience with rooftop units, chilled water systems and boilers required
- Experience with kitchen equipment (walk-in coolers, freezers, cookers and ice machines) preferred
- Familiarity with Metasys software
- Class C driver’s license
Physical working conditions:
- Walk and stand for up to 8 hours a day
- Climb up and down ladders and stairs
- Work in confined spaces and on roof tops
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. without assistance
- Pushing and pulling; reaching above shoulder level; continuous use of fingers
- Frequent bending and stooping
- Frequent operation of a motor vehicle
- Ability to distinguish basic colors
- Work indoors and outdoors in all climates and conditions
All employees of FWCD must:
- Embody, model and communicate the School’s mission and core values (respect, responsibility, kindness, courage, integrity and scholarship)
- Exhibit generous community spirit, professional flexibility, a sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Collaborate and work well with colleagues, parents and students
- Execute duties in a positive and punctual manner
- Be an enthusiastic lifelong learner driven toward professional self-improvement and personal growth
Equal Opportunity Employer / Statement of Inclusivity:
Fort Worth Country Day is an Equal Opportunity Employer that maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with respect to all employees and applicants for employment. The ideal candidate should possess a thoughtful approach and knowledge of intercultural communication and inclusion of underrepresented groups. Employment decisions at FWCD are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and performance and are subject to the academic and business requirements of the School.
The FWCD Inclusivity Statement confirms: We believe that understanding and respecting differences not only inspires compassion and empathy, but also fosters intellectual curiosity and creativity. We embrace the diverse cultures, experiences and perspectives that comprise and enhance our learning environment. We commit to sustaining and growing an intentionally inclusive community.
The search to fill this position will begin immediately. Interested candidates should include a resume and names of professional references.