Crossings Community Church
Graduate Resident Crossings Kids
(a full-time, at-will employment position)
The Graduate Resident in Crossings Kids provides support to the Childrens Ministry of Crossings Community Church through execution of its day-to-day vision and mission.
The Graduate Resident will report to the Crossings Kids Creative Pastor. This position will also work collaboratively with our creative team, age/grade level Pastors, and interact weekly with children who attend each age appropriate large group experience.
- Creative Writing and Programming provide support by executing day-to-day vision and mission.
- Work with supervisor to creatively write biblical content that will be applicable for each age appropriate large group audience such as: video content, live sketch, live message, and weekly take home activities.
- Assist with scheduling and planning Crossings Kids and Crossings 56 events.
- Co-organize/manage Communications requests for creative/programming team.
- Create/Manage content for weekly parent emails.
- Manage/order needed supplies for creative/programming team
- Assist Creative Director and Programming Coordinator with recruiting/leading volunteers during specific projects for Crossings Kids Creative Team
- Assist Creative Director with brainstorming/planning sessions.
- Assist Creative Director with all set design, environment designs for both weekly and special events programming.
- Manage Birthday Cart
- Ministry oversee the shepherding and development of specific Crossings Kids volunteers
- Develop and encourage assigned volunteers
- Build a network of contacts with other childrens ministry leaders
- Leadership and Teaching
- Assist with filling desired volunteer roles for Wednesday night/Sunday morning programming, and special events
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, Purpose Statement, and Core Values of CCC
- Support the leadership of CCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation
- Complete any other tasks as may be needed to fulfill this position; as may be assigned to fulfill the needs, mission, and goals of the Crossings Kids and CCC
- Attend all staff meetings and events
- Attend church visits and conferences as requested
- Meet with mentor
- Complete developmental readings given to you by either the Pastor of Crossings Kids or Crossings Kids Creative Director.
- Meet bi-weekly with Crossings Kids Creative Director for professional development.
- Attend all workshops that have been assigned to you by either the Pastor of Crossings Kids or Crossings Kids Creative Director.
- Maintain a consistent and growing spiritual life. This includes:
- Daily Bible reading
- Daily prayer
- Church attendance (Staff Rotation)
- Spiritual Disciplines
- Walk in a manner worthy of the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Live above reproach in matters of spiritual judgment
- Live within the bounds of the expectations given in the Crossings Employee Handbook
A mature walk with Christ exhibiting the spiritual gifts of administration/organization, leadership, discernment, encouragement, service/helps, shepherding
Required Skills, Experience and Education
- Pastoral heart and commitment to shepherding
- High capacity organizational leadership
- Undergraduate degree - pursuing a career path in ministry
- ministry training / experience working with elementary and preteen age students preferred
- Preferred Worship Background & Creative Writing