Crossings Community Church
a Christ-centered church committed to
live by FAITH, be a voice of HOPE, and be known by LOVE
Job Position Administrative Assistant for Congregational Care
(Position Description full-time, hourly, non-exempt, administrative, and at-will)
Campus Oklahoma City
General Scope of Position
Provide assistance to the Congregational Care ministry at Crossings Community Church (Crossings or CCC) 40 hours/week (Monday - Friday), with flexibility to assist at other times as Ministry or Church needs require.
Reports to Pastor of Congregational Care and will work collaboratively and interact regularly with various members of the Congregational Care team, vendors, CCC staff and volunteers across the various departments and ministries, venues, and campuses, as well with partners of Crossings to accomplish the goals and mission of Crossings and the Congregational Care Ministry.
- Providing administrative assistance in Congregational Care ministries to include:
- Answering phones, which often requires a listening ear and a comfort-zone of praying with people in need.
- Assisting the Care staff in preparation and hosting of funerals and funeral meals.
- Assembling and distributing the email prayer lists, from congregational requests on Sundays.
- Working with the pastors to organize and execute various levels of bereavement follow-up (within an already developed system).
- Assisting Mobile Meals Coordinators one day/week; as well as organizing and distributing weekly driver assignments. Coordinating weekly menus with the kitchen staff.
- Collecting data and updating the Congregational Care Report at the end of each month (within an already developed system).
- Helping organize and manage the annual Service of Remembrance (first Sunday in December).
- Planning and Preparing Quarterly meetings with Volunteer Coordinators.
- Insuring regular communication with all volunteers as requested by the Pastor
- Assisting with scheduling, coordinating and training volunteers as requested
- Attendance at staff and/or team meetings.
- Assisting in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, Purpose Statement, and Core Values of Crossings Community Church
- Supporting the leadership of CCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation
- Representing Crossings in civic and ministry-related efforts as approved or requested
- Accomplishing any other duties or tasks to accomplish responsibilities associated with this position or as may be needed or assigned to fulfill the needs, mission and goals of Crossings ministries
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exhibit a passion to walk with people in their faith development and life situations
- Positive, welcoming attitude and a heart for others
- Strong listening, interpersonal and people skills
- Ability to recognize, work with and maintain confidential information
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making within the scope of the job
- Ability to solve problems and implement strategies to improve processes within the scope of the job
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer proficiency including database management, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite
- Availability and ability to learn church-related software (Service U; Fellowship One; Concur)
- Possess a current unrestricted drivers license
- Have the physical conditioning to walk within the Church, to and from the Chapel and various venues within the Church, as well as be on your feet for 30 minutes at a time, before and after services
A mature walk with Christ exhibiting the spiritual gifts of administration/organization, service/helps, hospitality and encouragement.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma (or equivalent), at a minimum
- Clerical/administrative work or volunteer experience
- Church or non-profit work or volunteer experience preferred
- Administrative assistance experience preferred
Crossings Community Church, as a religious organization, reserves the right to hire based on religion.