The Human Resource (HR) Analyst will serve as the first point of contact for the human resources department and handle general inquiries by employees for HR processes and policies. The HR analyst will also collect, compile, and analyze HR data, metrics, and statistics, and apply this data to make recommendations related to recruitment, retention, and legal compliance. A successful candidate in this role will become proficient in all aspects of the Paycom HRIS system and troubleshoot issues as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as the first point of contact for the human resources department by monitoring the Human Resources inbox. This includes tasks such as responding to employee questions and inquiries about employee benefit programs and human resources policies via Microsoft Outlook. This may also include tasks such as completing employment verifications, resetting Paycom passwords, or other administrative duties.
- Curates content for the bi-monthly HR newsletter and assists with other employee engagement initiatives as required (including the annual recognition ceremony).
- Collects and compiles HR metrics and data from a variety of sources including the human resource information system (HRIS) and payroll outputs, management and employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, government labor statistics, competitors practices, and other sources.
- Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns with attention to recruitment, hiring practices, motivation, turnover, and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Prepares reports of data results, presenting and explaining findings to senior leadership.
- Identifies and recommends reasonable short- and long-term goals, milestones, and benchmarks for key performance metrics.
- Based on metrics and analysis, makes recommendations for policies and activities to improve the organizational culture including suggestions to attract and hire qualified candidates, to motivate and retain employees, to address staffing issues, and to maintain legal compliance.
- Facilitates implementation of new hire orientation, exit surveys and required notices, professional development, recruiting, and other related initiatives.
- Maintains HRIS system (Paycom), including employee information, setting up modules, and launching performance reviews.
- May conduct or assist with conducting classification/analysis audits for compensation analysis to include exempt and non-exemption classification.
- Ensures confidentiality and practices discretion with the privacy of employee data and implements best practices in data management and organization.
- May assist HR leadership with staffing, recruitment and data collection to support budget management.
- May guide and/or facilitate training and implementation for performance, benefit, and compensation review and evaluation process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, or related field required.
- At least three years to five years of experience in related areas such as job classification and compensation, recruitment, selection, training, employee benefits, and/or equal opportunity compliance preferred.
- Implementation of Human Resources Information Systems
- Paycom experience highly desired
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal laws involving employment, HR, and HR policies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS, payroll, and similar employee management software.
- Proficient with data manipulation in Excel including features such as Pivot Tables, Vlookup, and other advanced Excel functions.
EOE, including disability/vets