The New Jersey office of Norris McLaughlin, P.A., voted one of the Best Places to Work in NJ in 2019, has an opening for a Systems Engineer to join our team. The Systems Engineer will apply technical expertise and a strong methodical approach to identifying problems and providing solutions. Perform ongoing evaluation and maintenance of software & hardware to ensure continued and future effectiveness & efficiency. This position also takes an active mentoring role to less experienced team members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- 5-10 years of progression in a systems administration and end user support role
- Possess and maintain a diverse set of skills across multiple technical disciplines, with recognized expertise in multiple disciplines
- Windows 2012/16 Server & Active Directory administration
- Working knowledge of SQL, DNS, DHCP, Routing & Switching, Citrix Xenapp, VMWare/ESX, iManage, WSUS/WDS, Microsoft 365
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter to non-technical staff
- Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge and implement new technologies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and modifies MDM, Active Directory and Group Policy Objects as required
- Implements complex hardware deployments, software upgrades, and significant operational initiatives
- Works with vendors to isolate and resolve hardware problems to include component replacement
- Addresses and rectifies software problems, works with vendors as necessary
- Tests and deploys software updates and security patches to servers and workstations
- Tests and maintains gold master deployment images
- Insures team documentation is accurate and maintained
- Installs rack-mounted IT equipment, power and network cabling as needed
- Supports our helpdesk to provide excellent service to Attorneys and Staff
- Work after hours and weekends as required to perform maintenance activities
Education and Experience:
- BA/ BS Degree in a computer-related discipline required.
- A+, Network+ preferred.
One or more of the following certifications a plus: