Open Position: Part-Time School Bus Driver(s)
Reports to: Director of Athletics & Transportation Manager
When Needed: Ongoing, multiple positions available
Rate of Pay: $28-$30 per hour DOE
PLEASE BE SURE TO SEE REQUIREMENTS BELOW—POSITION REQUIRES LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS!
University Prep is seeking a team player to become a member of our transportation staff. We are looking for someone who can work effectively independently and who has good communication skills. We are looking for staff and faculty who share our belief that a culturally rich and inclusive school community provides students with the best possible environment for a quality education. If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you. Pay is competitive with public and independent schools. Because this is a part-time position, typically working less than 20 hours per week, only mandated benefits are offered. Position is open ongoing.
Who We Are:
University Prep is an independent 6-12 school located in an urban residential section of Seattle, WA, one of the country’s most diverse and dynamic cities. We are a strong and vibrant community of students, families, faculty, staff, and alumni who collaboratively create an exceptional educational experience for every student. The School is a place of great teaching and joyful learning; a community that joins together to raise up our children to be caring and productive adults; a place where all students and families have equitable access to all the school has to offer, and a place where we aspire for every family and student to feel equally enfranchised and at home. To us, diversity and inclusivity are not addenda, they are embodied in all facets of our school culture. University Prep believes that our shared values of integrity, respect, and responsibility are essential to accomplish our mission of developing each student’s potential to become an intellectually courageous, socially responsible citizen of the world.
Under general supervision, and on a part-time basis, drives a School bus for field trips and afterschool athletic events on prescribed routes as assigned by the Transportation Manager. Hours will vary with School schedule and sports seasons, and will include some evenings and weekends. There will be an assigned supervisor on each bus trip to monitor students.
- Drives a bus to and from field trips, which take place during the School day (8:00am – 2:50pm) as assigned
- Drives a bus to and from afterschool athletic events and practices, which take place daily ranging from 2:00pm – 9:00pm as assigned
- Follows established safety procedures
- Performs a pre-trip safety/damage inspection of bus before each drive
- Monitors operating conditions of bus and reports needed servicing and/or repairs to Transportation Manager
- Keeps bus interior clean by sweeping and removing trash daily
- Attends training programs, testing programs, first aid courses, refresher courses and other meeting as scheduled
- Complies with state laws, rules and regulations and school policies relative to student transportation
- Conducts oneself in the best interest of students and in support of the school’s mission statement.
- Is familiar with and complies with all policies and regulations as put forth in the school’s documents
- Performs other duties as assigned