PayNearMe, a service of Handle Financial, is the industry’s only platform that facilitates cash, debit, credit and ACH payments. With its great mobile experience, PayNearMe’s technology provides a simple way for businesses to collect payments through an intuitive, consistent experience for their customers. PayNearMe is the technology company that’s changing how payments are made.
PayNearMe is a small, diverse, and tight-knit company that loves to delight its customers (merchants, consumers, etc.) with simple, useful and practical product/service offerings. PayNearMe is a Silicon Valley technology company that’s in growth mode and looking to add an Cloud Application Engineer to our team reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer.
Who You Are:
You are an AWS Developer responsible for building and enhancing our transaction monitoring systems.
You’re a person that thinks in terms of building with AWS services as the foundational blocks. You like architecting for scale. You like writing code too. You are happiest when you are letting AWS do what AWS does best, freeing you to apply your domain knowledge to build cool stuff.
What You’ll Do:
We are capturing an extraordinary amount of telemetry through Kinesis pipes. Your role is to build systems that tap the pipes, monitor for anomalies, and control the environment based on the results…all in real time.
You will be programming AWS to build the nerve center for our company.
These systems consist of lambdas, gateways, Kinesis Analytics applications, and purpose-built databases. All of this ties into sophisticated tools for pattern matching.
The stuff you build is event-driven. It’s part lambdas, part gateways, part workflow, part data science. We need to be extraordinarily reliable. Your systems help keep us that way.
We run a regulated payment network, so you’re playing in the big league.
You’ll be working with some of the best people in FinTech. FinTech is about being agile and innovative, but also about being fundamentally reliable. Those objectives are in constant tension and it’s your mission to see that they are met.
- Build out our event-driven analytics system
- Write and test control systems that respond to system anomalies
- Assist domain experts in building behavioral models across areas of infosec, risk, systems administration
- Be innately curious about how systems fail, so that you keep us reliable!
- 5 or more years developing AWS-native systems
- Examples include Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudTrail, KMS
- Understanding of IAM
- Past experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda is a plus. For example, the Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM)
- Thorough understanding of work-flow and event-driven systems
- Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch or Elastic Search
- Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Ruby or Python is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
Perks & Benefits:
- Location: Flexible (remote working opportunity available)
- Company-paid health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Stock options package
- Stimulating start-up culture committed to diversity and inclusion
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental bonding leave
PayNearMe strives to create a workplace where all employees thrive. Our core values represent who we are today and we take pride in the way we work with each other as well as with our stakeholders.
We’re in this together to do the right thing. We deliver real results we are proud of while remaining respectful, transparent, and flexible.
PayNearMe is an equal opportunity employer. We are diligently and thoughtfully working towards cultivating a diverse workforce which in turn, enhances our products and services for the communities we serve. Applicants who represent all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.