Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
Shift4 is seeking a QA Engineer for our Payments Development team to perform testing of proprietary applications which provide processing services to our customer base. The QA Engineer will work with our Systems Analysis and Development teams to build and execute test plans, perform release testing, and test third-party software as it interacts with our solutions. The role also includes third-party certification projects with third-party payment processors and card brands. The Shift4 QA team works in a high volume, high responsibility, and complex environment through both manual and automated testing to ensure dependable solutions are delivered into our ecosystem.
- Designing test plans, identifying test scenarios and test cases for the required scope (including functional and non-functional requirements).
- Performs tests and analyzes results to pinpoint the source of issues and/or bugs.
- Modifies, maintains, and creates regression tests, including manual, scripted, and automated. Adds functionality to current regression tests by adding submissions, merchants’ parameters, or modifying the programs that are executed. Creates automated regression tests for areas that are new or exist but do not have an automated regression test.
- Responsible for end-to-end Host or EMV certification projects as assigned, including development of test scripts and executing Host and EMV certifications.
- Analyzing certification test results at a detailed level (EMV tags, bits, tables, etc.) to pinpoint source of issues.
- Communicate test results, planning, and analysis with Host/Brand and internal stakeholders.
- Learn required Brand Test Tools, PIN Pads, POS Simulators, Gateways, and technical skills to perform certification and QA.
- Assists in triaging escalated issues with Systems Analysis and Development staff.
- Assists in the release process via manual regression testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area, or a combination of training, education, and experience demonstrating the ability to succeed in this position.
- 1-6 years of experience in testing, QA, or technical support.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience in payment processing systems.
- Microsoft SQL Certification or 2+ years of experience writing SQL custom queries.
- Strong analytical skills to review test results, develop hypotheses, and root cause analysis.
- Requires a professional with a holistic view and analytical/critical thinking skills.
- Strong domain knowledge of Restaurant, Retail, Lodging, E-Commerce/MOTO, and Auto Rental industries is a plus.
- Knowledge of working with payment terminals is a plus.
- Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attention to detail.
- Computer Languages: Knowledge of computer languages and their applications to enable a system to perform specific functions.
- Computer Skills: Uses computers, software applications, databases, and automated systems to accomplish work.
- Encryption: Knowledge of procedures, tools, and applications used to keep data or information secure, including public key infrastructure, point-to-point encryption, and smart cards.
- Information Technology Performance Assessment: Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools (for example, surveys, system performance measures, etc.) to assess the effectiveness and practicality of information technology systems.
- Oral Communications: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, or controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others; attends to non-verbal cues and responds appropriately.
- Self-Management: Sets well-defined and realistic personal goals; displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve; demonstrates responsible behavior.
- Quality Assurance: Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools of quality assurance and quality control used to ensure product fulfills functional requirements and standards.
- Software Testing and Evaluation: Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for analyzing and developing software tests and evaluation procedures.
- Systems Testing and Evaluation: Knowledge of principles, methods, and tools for analyzing and developing systems testing, evaluation procedures, and technical characteristics of IT systems, including identifying critical operational issues.
- Technical Competence: Uses knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience to perform one's job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job; advises others on technical issues.
- Technical Problem Solving: Troubleshoots, diagnoses, analyzes, and identifies system malfunctions to determine the source and cause of the problem.
- Written Communication: Writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner for the intended audience.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area, or a combination of training, education, and experience demonstrating the ability to succeed in this position. High school diploma or equivalent is required
We are looking for individuals that are extremely self-sufficient, available to work flexible hours, & hold themselves to the highest standards of professionalism. We will be evaluating candidates based on how they interview, prior experiences, knowledge and references.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.