SUMMARY: Lead Line Cook ensures the quality preparation of all menu items and proper handling/storage of all food items in accordance with chef and standards laid out in kitchen. Works closely with the F&B Manager in ensuring kitchen production meets business demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen functions.
- Prepare food of consistent quality by tasting, especially sauces and dressings, following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Expedite orders efficiently and have strong time management.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Ensure the designated station is equipped with appropriate knives and utensils and all items are visually checked and tested for quality to ensure the utmost importance of safety.
- Address all inquiries and questions from front of house.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per resorts standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures and cooling temperatures are maintained at 36 degrees.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull, and line set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Ongoing - operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill. Check all containers for cleanliness, dates, covers and labels.
- Opening Shift– follow all set procedures including signing out keys at the front desk, unlocking coolers and set up line for the day.
- Closing Shift – follow all set procedures including lock all refrigeration units, turn off equipment and give keys to front desk or hand to closer.
- Daily Cleaning and sanitizing of work areas including grease traps, ovens, refrigeration, ovens, grill, floors, fryers, walls, ceiling tiles, counters, shelving, tables, rolling racks and any other item that needs to be cleaned using proper chemical cleaning agent.
- Ensure presentation for every plate is consistent and in line with quality and presentation standards of the resort.
- Ensure all equipment is working order and report any items to be repaired to maintenance.
- Support safe work habits and contribute to a safe working environment at all times.
- Follow directions, get along with co-workers and supervisors, treat co-workers, supervisors and guests with respect and courtesy, contributes to a positive and rewarding team environment and refrains from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the supervisor.