Our Mission: To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
Our Cause: Strengthening community. Every day, the Y works side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.
Our Position: The Y is a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
Under the direction and guidance of the Food Service Director and consistent with the mission of the YMCA and the policies and guidelines of the YMCA of Western North Carolina, the Kitchen Assistant will be responsible for implementing and conducting the food preparation for campers and staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help support the mission of the camp by preparing meals that meet disclosed dietary needs and are served according to kitchen menus and program schedules
- Provide excellent customer service by maintaining a clean and safe Dining Hall environment
- Ensure high quality and timely food service delivery and utmost cleanliness of dining hall facilities in accordance with Department of Health of North Carolina, Swain County regulations, and YMCA and American Camp Association policies
- Communicate well with campers, staff and vendors
- Assist with assigned maintenance and housekeeping projects when kitchen is not in operation
- Communicate daily with the Food Service Director about kitchen and food-related topics
- Any other duties that are required