The Media Relations and Content Specialist, Temporary position is responsible for creative story development and promotion brought to life through various communication channels to help LifeCenter Northwest further its live-saving mission.
This position is temporary and expected to last from April - July 2020.
General Responsibilities: Job responsibilities are stated in broad terms and are not intended to be inclusive.
- Creative Content Developer & Editor– Bring written organ and tissue donation stories to life to be pitched to our regional media outlets and business partners.
- Media relations – Manages media relations for LifeCenter by talking with reporters for donation news stories, guiding our media relations strategy, coaching LifeCenter Northwest staff for potential media opportunities, and connecting with leadership as needed for quotes or interviews.
- Communication & Marketing – Communication planning and strategy, collateral and content development for LifeCenter including media stories, blogs, social media and other items as appropriate.
- Graphic design and collateral development/editing for marketing, communications, and public outreach collateral. Also works with contracted graphic designer on projects as needed.
Values: The employee in this position must uphold the core values of LifeCenter; these include:
- Respect: We treat others with compassion, support, and appreciation.
- Integrity: Honesty, transparency, and reliability are paramount in all we do.
- Collaboration: We strive to work in partnership with others, internally and externally, and to find common ground and shared goals to build upon together.
- Service: We honor our obligation to be good stewards of the gift of life and our commitment to serve others as we carry out our mission.
- Courageous Leadership: We stand up for what is right and our decisions and actions always support our mission.