Basic Fun! is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of some of the worlds best known and loved toys including Tonka, Care Bears, Lite Brite, Lincoln Logs, Knex, Playhut and Cutetitos. Our products are sold by leading retailers and distributors throughout the US and over 60 countries around the world. Basic Fun! has an omni-channel go-to-market strategy with a strong presence on-line, in store and in family entertainment venues. Our iconic brands and broad product portfolio span generations and help create unforgettable memories.
The Licensing Manager works with the worlds most dynamic intellectual property owners from Disney, Marvel, Nickelodeon, Warner Bros., Universal, NFL/NBA, Nintendo, Hasbro and Mattel and plays a critical role in achieving the organizations business goals and objectives. This role will lead key functions of Basic Fun!s Licensing discipline, including day-to-day management and administration of an existing license portfolio, forecasting, submissions and approvals tracking, driving the identification, evaluation and acquisition of new licensing opportunities. This position will collaborate closely with Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and the Executive team.
Key attributes for this role include an individual who has a demonstrated expertise and passion for consumer brand licensing, is highly organized, possesses exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills, strong written and verbal presentation capabilities and excel in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities for the Licensing Manager include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the company's existing licensing portfolio.
- Process and track licensing submissions for approval.
- Participate in contract/renewal negotiations.
- Participate in the drive to identify, evaluate, and acquire new licensing opportunities.
- Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets for planning and forecasting.
- Daily communication with key partners within the company (Marketing, Product Development, Senior & Executive Leadership team).
- Create PowerPoint presentations.