The Operations Support Agent is a key member of the operations team, crafting text for in-game and website communications, coordinating global operations and support teams, and providing translation and operational support to internal teams.
Additionally, the agent helps ensure that our players get world-class treatment by coordinating between customer support teams and development teams, translating and passing on key information needed to resolve bugs and other customer support issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides translation of customer facing in-game notifications, social media posts, and more.
- Help communicate game bugs, customer issues, community feedback to teams in Japan.
- Provides translation and coordination for communication between Japan staff and US staff.
- Translates news announcements, special reports, troubleshooting tickets, player reports, records and other documentation.
- Utilize company tools to provide both direct and indirect support to customers.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary information including but not limited to customer account information and network information.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours in order to communicate with personnel in different time zones.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum High School diploma, 4-year degree at an accredited university preferred.
- Fluent or near-fluent in English, business-level Japanese.
- Experience with mobile and online games professionally or personally.
- Strong writing ability in English and Japanese.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Job knowledge
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- Adherence to policies
- Problem solving
- Process improvement
- Project management
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position does not require travel.
- Due to COVID-19, this role has been placed on a Temporary Work From Home position.
- This job normally operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, laptops, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, and move around the facilities. This would require the ability to lift files/boxes, open filing cabinets, file, bend, twist, stand on stool as necessary. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds. This expectation holds true for the current work-from-home environment.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision covered for you and the option to add your spouse/domestic partner and children at 2% of premium
- 401K Employer Match
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Policy
- Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Covid Leave,
- Pre-tax benefits (Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA)
- Discount on game purchases and merchandise
Square Enix, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Square Enix, Inc. is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. It is the policy of Square Enix, Inc. that qualified individuals with disabilities not be discriminated against because of their disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. It is further the policy of Square Enix, Inc. to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to HR_RA@US.SQUARE-ENIX.COM. Please note that general employment questions are not addressed here.