POSITION TITLE: Adult OP Program Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Adult Outpatient Behavioral Health
REPORTS TO: Senior Director for Adult Outpatient
FLSA STATUS: 1.0 FTE, Non-Exempt, Non-Union
COMPENSATION: $22.18 per hour or $22.80 (bilingual differential)
WHO WE ARE: La Familia has a 40-year history of providing high-quality mental health and community support services in the San Francisco Bay Area. The agency started as part of a grassroots movement and our ties to the community remain deep and passionate. La Familia is committed to building a vibrant and multicultural agency to provide services that meet the needs of the individuals and families in our community. Our current work includes:
Assumes overall responsibility for managing client registrations, case openings and closing, and the billing process of the Adult Outpatient Programs of La Familia. Assumes responsibility for maintaining client charts in a manageable and organized manner, while ensuring that all clients served through the Programs (meet the eligibility criterion as set forth by the Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services Contract with La Familia.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain La Familia’s FileMaker Pro client database, Salesforce and INSYST Alameda County System in order to track Requests for Service, open cases, close cases, and conduct client episode updates.
- Fully understand the County INSYST system and serve as the primary point person for La Familia regarding client data.
- Oversee the accuracy of the database and ensure that the client charts are in compliance with the agency and contract requirements.
- Input data entry for billing purposes.
- Review monthly reports to ensure that accurately reflect all services entered on Clinician’s Gateway.
- Create a system for tracking documentation due dates and send out monthly reminders to staff.
- Check requests for servicer administrative eligibility and scans it to the Program Supervisor(s)
- Maintain copies of licenses or registrations for all staff.
- Register new or update staff in the county INSYST system.
- Submit Clinician’s Gateway Authorization Requests.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of contact information for all staff.
- In case of emergency, assist clinicians with contacting clients to cancel appointments.
- Take inventory of needed supplies and place supplies orders.
- Keeps the chart room in a working order.
- Collaborate with Adult Programs Senior Outpatient Administrator to learn systems currently in place and to ensure consistency across programs. May need to print monthly reports and submit reports to the Finance Department when the Senior Outpatient Administrator is away.
- Comply with all agency’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict HIPPA guidelines.
- Support agency-wide Quality Improvement efforts and collaborates with QA Specialist regarding monthly QA reviews.
- Prepare charts for storage with Vital Records Control
- Sending documents via DocuSign.
- Assist with onboarding interns (i.e., setting up designated workspace, providing keys to file cabinets, setting up county INSYST IDs).
- Assist and manage projects as required.
- Traveling to and from various sites to pick up and drop off documents to Southland as needed
- Serves as a backup support for the front desk and coverage if needed
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management and Prioritization Skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Proficient in computer literacy
- Critical Thinking
- Detailed Oriented
- Team Collaboration
- Organizational Skills
- Filing/Paper Management