Dunwoody College of Technology seeks a Development Associate as an integral part of the Institutional Advancement team. Reporting to the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement, this position is responsible for supporting fundraising and alumni relations activities during Dunwoody’s current $50 million campaign, and assisting with prospect pipeline development to support our exciting future.
The Development Associate coordinates and executes data-driven fundraising and donor engagement strategies through gift administration, database management, direct mail appeals, reporting/analysis, and prospect development. This position also contributes to planning and implementation of various fundraising events, initiatives, and communications.
Data services (80%)
- Update database (Raiser’s Edge) with constituent and donor demographic and gift information
- Contribute to advancement services deliverables including database maintenance projects, reporting and analysis, acknowledgement letters, and e-communications
- Assist in the development of online giving and registration pages and process payments
- Perform basic research on donors and prospects using web-search tools and databases
- Maintain files, electronic and hard copy, according to policy
Additional advancement support (20%)
- Prepare mailings, including mail-merge documents and direct mail packages
- Provide assistance with special events preparation and guest support, e.g., invitations, name tags, programs, room setup, phone calls, on-site coordination, etc.
- Serve as an ambassador for Institutional Advancement and the College, supporting our mission, providing additional administrative support as needed and performing other duties as assigned
- Strategic Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level. Makes good decisions. Provides sound advice and problem solution. Provides honest and in-depth analysis on problems and issues.
- Operating Skills: Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts responsibility for tasks and meets objectives and measures. Documents process, progress, and results. Is committed to continuous improvement. Works toward the most efficient and effective work processes.
- Courage: Has difficult conversations as necessary. Faces up to people problems on any person or situations quickly and directly.
- Energy and Drive: Is action oriented and full of energy for challenging tasks/issues. Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Organizational Positioning Skills: Can maneuver through complex situations effectively and quietly. Is sensitive to how people and organizations function. Anticipates where problems may arise and plans his/her approach accordingly.
- Personal/Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all. Adheres to Dunwoody’s core values. Is widely trusted - Keeps confidences and admits mistakes. Practices attentive and active listening. Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself.