Omni La Costa Resort is looking for a Full-time Tennis Professional! They will provide the ultimate tennis experience by providing the highest quality tennis instruction and customer service. Teaches various tennis programs to include junior programs, lessons, special events and clinics.
- Provides beginning through advanced instruction (private and group) for all levels and ages of players.
- Assists in the promotion of and conducting tennis clinics, private lessons, special events and programs to attract and maintain members’/guests’ tennis interests.
- Develops safe, professional, and comprehensive tennis lessons and programs to ensure students develop along a pathway that will encourage continued involvement in tennis.
- Assists in supervising play and ensure proper charging of fees
- Ensure students understand tennis rules, scoring procedures, safety rules and tennis etiquette.
- Enforces all club rules and regulations governing the use of the club/facility, its equipment and other property.
- Performs racquet stringing.
- Quickly and efficiently responds to member/guest questions, comments, and concerns in a professional, tactful manner.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
High School diploma or GED
USTA NetGeneration Certification is required as a condition of employment. Please go to https://netgeneration.usta.com/us-en/registration.html to register for free.
Minimum 1-year experience required
Experience teaching tennis lessons to adults and juniors of various levels
Frequently stands, walks, uses hands, talks, hears, reaches with hands and arms, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. Occasionally sits. Regularly lifts up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is moderate.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the staff may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment used are in English)
- Skill level equivalent to a minimum 4.0 USTA rating
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have basic computer and email skills.
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Availability during club operating hours
Full Time employees receive benefits:
Company benefits offered including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k.