** We are hiring 2 candidates for our evening shift. **
Fort Worth Country Day is a coed, junior kindergarten through grade 12 college-preparatory day school with nearly 1,100 students and 250 faculty and staff. The School earned the distinction of being ranked one of the Best Companies to Work for in Fort Worth in 2018.
A Fort Worth Country Day School Custodian/Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining a clean working environment for the School, including classrooms, offices, common areas, etc. Reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor, this position is a full-time, non-exempt employee working Monday through Friday working 4pm – 12:30am. The School offers 20 days of paid time off each calendar year, approximately 15 holidays, medical, dental, vision, retirement, disability, life insurance, flexible spending, Aflac plans, a legal plan and an identity theft plan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate vacuum cleaners, auto scrubbers, buffers and carpet extractors
- Apply wax to properly prepared floors as required
- Move equipment and supplies to job locations
- Work closely with supervisor and report all shift occurrences and problems
- Performs setups for functions as required, sometimes moving furniture is needed
- Report maintenance problems to supervisor for repair
- Pick up trash from buildings as required
- Clean custodial equipment, classrooms, bathrooms, furniture, walls, fixtures, glass and doors
- Ensure that building entrances are free of mud and trash
- Assume responsibility for the safe use and control of all cleaning chemicals, in compliance with local laws, policy, material safety data sheets and manufacturer’s instructions
- Maintain the MSDS sheets, know how to use them and where they are located
- All other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated competence for assigned responsibilities and equipment operations
- Ability to read, write, and follow written and oral instructions
- Reach, push, pull, move, lift, carry and transfer items up to 50 pounds
- Use an electric floor buffer with approximately 10 pounds of force
- Climb stairs and ladders and work in elevated areas
- Drive a golf cart on school grounds
- Stand and walk for the entire 8-hour shift
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all climates and conditions
All employees of FWCD must:
- Embody, model and communicate the School’s mission and core values (respect, responsibility, kindness, courage, integrity and scholarship)
- Exhibit generous community spirit, professional flexibility, a sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Collaborate and work well with colleagues, parents and students
- Execute duties in a positive and punctual manner
- Be an enthusiastic lifelong learner driven toward professional self-improvement and personal growth
Equal Opportunity Employer / Statement of Inclusivity:
Fort Worth Country Day is an Equal Opportunity Employer that maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with respect to all employees and applicants for employment. The ideal candidate should possess a thoughtful approach and knowledge of intercultural communication and inclusion of underrepresented groups. Employment decisions at FWCD are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and performance and are subject to the academic and business requirements of the School.
The FWCD Inclusivity Statement confirms: We believe that understanding and respecting differences not only inspires compassion and empathy, but also fosters intellectual curiosity and creativity. We embrace the diverse cultures, experiences and perspectives that comprise and enhance our learning environment. We commit to sustaining and growing an intentionally inclusive community.