We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
Perks of working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement fund opportunities after 1 year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- Our staff thrive in an environment where uplifting each other is one of our core values
The Health Navigator position integrates into clinical care as part of the care team to support the patient to attend referral appointments, receive screening for preventative care, review care team plan of care, and access community resources. The Health Navigator is an integral component of the care team that bridges the patient’s clinical care with community resources.
- Processes referrals and schedules tests and procedures for patients per provider orders utilizing appropriate facilities for optimum continuity of care and benefit to the patient.
- Track patient referrals to and from specialty care to ensure continuity of care and optimized patient health and wellness.
- Completes patient data entry into EMR, as required.
- Partners with Clinical Integration Supervisor to optimize referral care delivery and drive continuous improvement through utilization of department performance metrics aligned with organization’s strategic goals.
- Responsible for obtaining prior authorization for patient tests and procedures.
- Supports nursing and providers in obtaining test results and assuring result placement in EMR.
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care.
Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.