The Senior Communication Specialist is the primary developer and communications strategist servicing our internal clients in the hospital and transplant center service lines. This person is a thoughtful strategist with strong skills in synthesizing internal leadership direction and translating that into effective hospital marketing and communication plans and campaigns. A strong writer and team collaborator, this role will be critical to driving change and providing engaging mission-driven content for our key donation partners (donor hospitals and transplant centers) to help LifeCenter Northwest further its life-saving mission.
Communications & Marketing
- Serves our internal clients (Hospital Development and Organ Donation Services) as the communication and marketing subject matter expert, in support of their department goals in working with external hospital and transplant center partners.
- In partnership with our internal clients, ensures consistent tone/message/branding to target audience within hospital and transplant center leadership and their medical staff across our donation service area.
- Takes information and transforms it into exciting, informative and actionable content for healthcare professionals and donation partners (such as C-suite, physicians, nurses, also includes medical examiners, coroners, and funeral home partners).
- In partnership with our Community Relations team, plans and promotes the appropriate brand messaging in the appropriate channels.
- Driver of content and messaging, including an editorial calendar, monthly stories or informational flyers, article submissions, and an e-newsletter to medical professionals.
- Develops and implements marketing strategy and materials for staff at hospital events and conferences.
- Manages hospital or industry sponsorships and advertising opportunities.
- Oversees ROI analysis, calendar, and booth marketing needs.
- Coaches donation advocates (such as donor families or transplant recipients) for hospital speaking opportunities.
Creative Content Development
- Strategize, write, and craft messages and engaging stories alongside our Communications team and Hospital Development leaders.
- Refine former core messaging to ensure consistency in all aspects of communication including development and deployment with internal teams.
- Provides copy, design, and editing support with LifeCenter tissue request for proposal process as needed.
- Creates engaging content for a variety of channels not limited to video, e-newsletter, email, website, and print that reflect LifeCenter’s values and vision.
- Works to ensure communications needs are tracked, plans are formalized, and the work follows the approval process before distribution.
- Tracks and measures communication effectiveness and outcomes.
- Responsible for budgeting, development, planning and implementation of program plans related to role in order to drive progress and growth for our external partners through communication, public relations, and outreach in coordination with hospital development and donation teams.
Values: The employee in this position must uphold the core values of LifeCenter; these include:
- Respect: We treat others with compassion, support, and appreciation.
- Integrity: Honesty, transparency, and reliability are paramount in all we do.
- Collaboration: We strive to work in partnership with others, internally and externally, and to find common ground and shared goals to build upon together.
- Service: We honor our obligation to be good stewards of the gift of life and our commitment to serve others as we carry out our mission.
- Courageous Leadership: We stand up for what is right and our decisions and actions always support our mission