The Hospital Development Program Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and managing customized organ and tissue donation programs at assigned hospitals throughout central Montana. This role provides support to ensure hospital and donor family experiences are consistent and the highest level of quality service and outcome is achieved. The ultimate accountability is to achieve and maintain high donation rates in all assigned hospitals.
Hospital Partner Responsibilities
- Establishes a strong working relationship with, and serves as a knowledgeable resource for hospital administrators, physicians, nurses, and other associated health care professionals.
- Collaborate with hospital partners to develop and maintain organ and tissue donation policies at assigned hospital accounts.
- Analyzes hospital accounts utilizing death record reviews, referral data, and potential donor statistics. From this analysis, develops customized plans for assigned hospitals including short- and long-term objectives and action plans.
- Presents data to administrative-level contacts and assures that best practices for donation process are followed.
- Provides direct support to hospitals and clinical staff during referrals and cases.
- Maintains and assists in establishing contractual relationships with assigned hospitals for tissue recovery services.
- Assesses relationship status with key hospital staff and professional partners and recommends strategy for growth in order to continuously grow donation culture and strengthen LCNW’s relationship within each hospital account.
- Assists all hospital accounts with Joint Commission, CMS, FDA, state and federal laws and UNOS requirements related to organ and tissue donation. This includes providing direct support to assigned hospitals specific to need (including educational programs, nursing staff and physician training) and establishing and updating donation policies and procedures.
Sales & Marketing Responsibilities
- Implement strategies outlined in retention and acquisition strategy for all current and prospective hospital partners with LCNW tissue recovery agreements.
- Utilizes marketing/communications strategy and related tools, aimed at gaining additional market-segment share.
- Collaborates on the RFP process including drafting, editing, and finalizing partner proposals.
- Develops targeted training programs for hospital staff on the donation process driven by data analysis and process improvement needs.
Professional Partner Responsibilities
- Partners with Donation Liaison to establish a strong working relationship with medical examiners, coroners, funeral homes, and other professional partners.
- Presents at nursing schools as needed
- Participates in professional and community trade events, by exhibiting or speaking.
- Collaborate with partner donation agencies in shared hospital accounts.
Internal Partner Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal departments to review process challenges at assigned hospital accounts, and work to implement process improvement efforts.
- Serve as a resource to internal partners regarding hospital policies and procedures. On-site support during case activity is expected on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with Communications Program Manager and Customer Relations Program Manager to create and update professional educational materials.
- Assists with community outreach specifically aimed at donation education. Develops strong relationships with community organizations and leaders to help LifeCenter further its mission.
Values: The employee in this position must uphold the core values of LifeCenter; these include:
- Integrity: Honesty, transparency, and reliability are paramount in all we do.
- Collaboration: We strive to work in partnership with others, internally and externally, and to find common ground and shared goals to build upon together.
- Service: We honor our obligation to be good stewards of the gift of life and our commitment to serve others as we carry out our mission.
- Courage: We stand up for what is right and our decisions and actions always support our mission.