Asmodee North America (ANA) locally headquartered in Roseville, Minnesota is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, “CATAN,” “Arkham Horror,” and “Spot It” among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. ANA believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories.
Summary of Position
The Product Line Manager is responsible for growing the success of our game lines through data analysis and creative problem solving. They work collaboratively with cross-functional teams throughout the entire global Asmodee organization to gather and analyze data, and then use that data to create solutions that help build and maintain successful product lines throughout our catalog. In collaboration with the Product Strategy Director and the Head of Studio, this role is responsible for developing and maintaining effective game line strategies that ensure a comprehensive, adaptable product life cycle that meets the demands and expectations of our business and our customers. At its core, this role requires an entrepreneurial perspective focused on finding creative solutions to product challenges and opportunities. It requires a high level of intellectual curiosity to both identify and generate those solutions for factors that directly and indirectly impact business results.
- Actively participate in product planning and active line development alongside the Product Strategy Director and the Head of Studio.
- Develop a deep understanding of the assigned product lines to best meet the needs at all stages of a products life cycle.
- Work with Asmodee North Americans Publishing Services to identify relevant reports on inventory, sales, margin, and other data to effectively manage the success of each assigned product line.
- Using gathered data, identify product opportunities and develop line strategies to meet consumer demand as well as larger business objectives, including revenue trends, inventory challenges, and marketing opportunities.
- Communicate needs and maintain strong working relationships with other departments within Asmodee. (Senior studio leadership, Publishing Services, Distribution, Marketing, Design, Production, Organized Play, Licensing, etc.)
- Work effectively with the studios creative teams to help inform them of market and consumer analysis that could assist at the product level in growing the success of each assigned product line.
- Analyze product pricing and margin at every stage of a products lifecycle to ensure continued product viability and success.
- Effectively conduct formal presentations on data analysis and potential solutions to various departments to communicate objectives in service of the business strategy of a product line.
- Collaborate alongside our international distribution units (DUs) to identify needs and opportunities that may be unique to their individual territories or consumers.
- All other assignments as required by management.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Outstanding creative problem-solving skills
- Experience in business analytics
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to identify opportunities to improve a business or process.
- Exceptional project management skills must be able manage multiple projects and milestones.
- Exceptional communication skills; verbal and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working with data with an emphasis on generating results and implementing effective strategies.
- Ability to excel in a deadline driven, high-energy environment.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong social skills used to yield results and foster a creative environment.
Asmodee is an equal opportunity employer. We strive for and celebrate a diverse team in our effort to carry out our company values of honesty, integrity, and fairness.