- Experience working as a Superintendent in residential or commercial buildings in NYC a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two (2) years of training or three (3) years of work experience in related trade.
- At least one (1) year of supervisory experience, preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following fields: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, masonry, and painting.
- Must have working knowledge of equipment installation and repair, including HVAC systems.
- Must be able to operate and maintain appropriate machines such as floor buffer, trash compactor, snow blowers, etc.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Ability to work overtime hours as needed.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry items, which weigh up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and perform repair work independently.
- Ability to direct work of other staff.
- Be creative and flexible.
- Show initiative and be responsible for follow through.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize various computer programs including Microsoft Office, Johnson Controls BMS, and CMMS (work ticket system).
- Must possess and maintain current Certificate of Fitness for Fire Alarm Systems, Boilers, Standpipe and Sprinklers; additional Certificates of Fitness may be required.
- Must have a valid NYS driver’s license with a clean driving record.
The Fortune Society encourages individuals to apply who have successfully made the transition from incarceration and/or substance abuse into a stable, productive lifestyle in the community.
May require travel to our Long Island City Office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable intervals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Ability to lift heavy objects.