● Deliver compelling information and messages to various constituency groups, including coordinating in-house and outsourced talent as needed to support these strategies.
● Assess current communications, marketing, and fundraising practices and resources.
● Lead and develop the Marketing, Communications, Advancement and Alumni Engagement staff through supervision, support, and evaluation.
● Provide communications and strategic counsel to the Head of School and Committee of Trustees.
● Create and implement a comprehensive, integrated marketing strategy that encompasses digital, social, and print media.
● Collaborate and coordinate with the leadership of the Admissions Office, the Head of School, Division Heads, and other departments to inspire and engage prospective students and their families as well as alumni, donors, and donor prospects across all strategic communications, fundraising efforts, and major events.
● Oversee brand management, including ensuring the integrity and consistency of ISB’s editorial and visual brand and design standards.
● Act as lead in media relations, engaging local media and nurturing community connections; coordinate with the Head of School in serving as spokesperson for the school; and serve as an essential leader and resource in managing crisis communications.
● Develop and guide the regular implementation of communication vehicles that guarantee parents, alumni, and other stakeholders receive timely and up-to-date information.
● Maintain overall responsibility for the school’s website, email marketing and newsletters, and social media activities.
● Oversee the creation of the annual report and other school publications.
● Be passionately engaged in the life of the school.
Personal Attributes and Skills
● Exceptional listening and communication skills and a blend of confidence and humility.
● A love of learning, an ethic of self-improvement, and the heart of a teacher.
● Strong leadership skills and the ability to work in a cross functional manner.
● A self-starter capable of offering original ideas and seeing them through from concept to implementation.
● Perform with craftsmanship, accountability, and aplomb while adapting to multiple and shifting audiences.
● Possess the skills, perspective, and optimism to collaborate effectively with other members of the senior leadership team; be a strong and respected colleague with faculty and staff; represent the school well in the community.
● Have proven skills as a speaker, writer, and listener.
● Be versed in the latest communications technologies and social media.
● Manage projects and people with focus, flexibility, and good humor.
● Experience in a capital campaign setting is desirable but not required.
● An international mindset gained through extensive lived experience abroad is ideal.
● Fluency in two or more languages is a plus.
International School of Boston actively seeks employees who reflect and support its mission-driven commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive school community. The school provides a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested candidates, please do not submit application through this page. You must contact Narwhal Talent Partners directly:
- by voice or text
Peter G. Hamilton | (617) 620-9268
Christian G. Henry | (857) 285-3364
- by email firstname.lastname@example.org