Jamestown Family Health Clinic (JFHC) is looking for a full-time Clinic Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), who is highly motivated and can assume multiple roles based on clinic needs. This position provides outpatient nursing care for all patients at JFHC as needed. The LPN supports the medical staff in conducting preventive medicine and health care maintenance in conjunction with acute and chronic ambulatory medicine, and may be expected to perform patient rooming tasks. The LPNs primary roles are coordination of care across the continuum of care and chronic disease population management. Our top candidate will be comfortable with evidence-based preventative care guidelines, have the ability to multitask, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe has implemented COVID-19 safety measures to ensure the health and well-being of our employees, patients, Tribe, and vulnerable citizens of our community, which includes required masking regardless of vaccination status. All healthcare staff are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to starting their first day of employment.
Why work for Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe?
As a committed and collaborative partner in our community for over four decades, the Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe (JST) has continued to grow the areas of economic development, healthcare, natural resources, hospitality, cultural preservation, and the arts. Through our Resort Enterprises and Tribal Government, we are now the second largest employer in Clallam County, and provide a wide range of employment opportunities to our Tribal Citizens and community.
Our employees are like extended family, and we believe in providing employee benefit programs and incentives that cultivate a positive and enriching work environment, and healthy lifestyle. We hope that each of our employees continue to honor our commitment to our community and to treat our patients and co-workers like family as well.
All Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe employees enjoy 7 Cedars Resort and local discounts including food, retail items, gym memberships, cell phone plans, fuel, golf, as well as retirement benefits, employee assistant program access, and more! Benefited employees also receive employer paid medical/dental/vision coverage, paid time off, and wellness reimbursements, and more!
If you would like to become a part of our team, check out this position's job details below, and apply today! Make sure to include current email and phone contacts for all provided professional and personal references in your application.
As a Clinic LPN, you will:
- Maintain efficient progression for patient care throughout the day, including vital signs and rooming patients as necessary to assist care team
- Conduct nursing procedures, therapies, tests and services as ordered by members of the medical staff and within scope of training
- Promote a safety-conscious work force
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual nursing care appropriate to the age of patients
- Communicate appropriately with the person served regardless of their age, sex, gender, race, language or national origin
- Responsible for prioritizing and ensuring prompt care for all patient encounters in the order of face-to-face visits, telephone messages and written requests
- Responsible for working with the medical staff and Medical Assistant to keep provider schedules on time, and providing for efficient patient flow and complete patient care during face-to-face encounters
- Responsible for ensuring smooth coordination of care and continuum of care for JFHC patients between levels of care, between various services and between care locations
- Assist with chronic care management of patients who have depression, diabetes, CHF and chronic pain per clinic and practice team policies, procedures and processes.
- Provide general nursing care to patients including administration of medications, clinic waived testing, EKG and treatments in accordance with nursing and clinic standards.
- Prepare patients for examinations. Screen patients for appropriate information. Instruct patients in collections of samples, specimens and tests
- Educate and inform patient/family regarding results of laboratory orders and clinical tests, health maintenance, wellness, nutrition, medications, diagnostic procedures and treatments under direct supervision of a medical provider
- Assist providers with procedures
- Observe, record and report patients condition including reactions to drugs and treatments to the Physician
- Obtain and document patient history
- Maintain and review patient records, charts and other pertinent information
- Data entry and documentation of clinical information as needed
- Respond to/refer incoming patient treatment related phone calls and instruct patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Practice of nursing within the scope of license and in accordance with the current standards of care and clinic protocols
- Adhere to all JST and JFHC policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, and work practices as described in the JFHC Occupational Exposure Control Plan and HIPPA
- Adhere and work within the scope of the license, standards of care, and clinic protocols
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
What are the Required Qualifications for this position?
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Valid Washington State license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, regulations and practices to evaluate and provide patient care
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to maintain a safe work environment, including infection control and environmental safety
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, and responding in writing as needed to correspondence regarding patients.
- Demonstrate clinical competence in the provision of patient care
- Ability to maintain quality nursing care standards.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication
- Basic computer knowledge
- Valid Drivers License
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background investigation
What are the Preferred Qualifications for this position?
- Clinic experience preferred
- Experience and knowledge of EPIC
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective time management, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- American Indian/Alaska Native preferences apply