Purple is seeking a motivated, positive Sales Associate to join our growing team. In this position, you will drive sales by assisting customers with their buying experience. We are looking for a go-getter with an aptitude for persuasive communication and a drive to succeed.
- Greet customers upon entrance
- Check on purchase orders for customerst
- Assess customer needs and wants; answer customer questions and concerns
- Provide appropriate product recommendations by understanding the Purple products and history
- Ensure merchandise is in-stock and displayed on shelves in a presentable manner
- Use point of sale (POS) system to conduct purchase transactions
- Process merchandise returns
- Assist in product inventory procedures
- Cross-sell and upsell products
- Memorize in-store promotions and special offers in order to communicate to customers
- Build lasting relationships with customers
- Team up with co-workers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Educate customers on new arrivals and future product arrivals
- Follow opening and closing procedures
- Meet monthly and quarterly sales quotas
- Find innovative ways to improve sales and boost revenue
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds
- High School diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s degree a plus
- Proven experience in a retail sales environment
- Track record of meeting sales quota or exceeding sales quota
- Knowledge of customer market dynamics
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- Basic math skills
- Familiarity with POS system a plus
- Familiarity with inventory procedures a plus
- Friendly, approachable personality
- Ability to perform and sell in a retail environment
- Available to work some weekends, nights, and holidays
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
- Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together to improve people’s lives through comfort.
- Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.