Successful candidates will have the following skills:
- Decision Making – AMFs must be able to quickly decide what script they will be reading the vehicle operator based on the situation presented in the field.
- Motivation – Your actions and behaviors should make it clear that you are doing the very best job you can for the Company, the client and the public.
- Honesty, Integrity, Maturity – An AMF will be working on a platform that is monitored constantly under video surveillance. Your actions and behavior should reflect unquestionable professionalism, honesty and integrity.
- Professional appearance – AMF personnel must appear professional and presentable to the public. A dress code will be enforced in this position and communicated prior to hire.
- Reliability – AMF personnel work according to a schedule. This schedule is communicated by the RailPros client. An agreement to fulfill the schedule is a commitment to our client, and attendance at the time and date communicated is always required. Scheduled time off must be pre-arranged to minimize conflicts.
- Effective Communication – As an AMF you are responsible for a mobile work group who is relying on your ability to communicate clearly, professionally and with authority when reading the script to the vehicle operators.
- Composure – An ability to work professionally under pressure and to maintain composure under stressful and potential emergency situations is a must.
- Comprehension – AMFs must be able to receive and follow directions to include reading back instructions received on a radio with 100% accuracy.
Additional skill requirements include the ability to work outdoors on irregular surfaces, in all weather conditions, and have the ability to hear warning signals and radio telephone devices. AMFs must also have the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, the English language.
AMFs must live 50 miles or less to Washington, DC. Exceptions may be made based on experience.
- 1 year of Railroad experience
- Former Military, Law Enforcement, Fire & Emergency Medical, or related occupations
- Former construction experience which require compliance with OSHA regulations or the equivalent
- Former Shipyard experience
- Crafts or Trades experience that require additional training to gain the desired skills listed above
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass Roadway Worker Protection Training
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
Equal Opportunity Employer
RailPros, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.